What can you do with unused baby food?
OTHER USES FOR LEFTOVER BABY FOOD
- Use them in pancakes, muffins or bread when baking.
- Mix them in with oatmeal, yogurt or smoothies.
- Freeze them into popsicles which is great for teething!
- Toss purées in with pasta as a sauce (my daughter loves the butternut squash with noodles!)
- Add them to soups or stews.
What can you do with leftover baby puree?
10 ideas for leftover baby food purees
- Stir fruit and veggie purees into plain whole milk yogurt, cottage cheese, and oatmeal. …
- Add veggie purees into sauces and pestos. …
- Mix veggie purees into meatballs and meatloaf. …
- Dump veggie purees into soups or stews.
- Use them as teethers. …
- Blend them into a smoothie.
Can you save leftover baby puree?
Once open, the baby food is no longer shelf-stable and will need to be refrigerated for storing. Replace the lid and store in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 days. (products with meats and poultry up to one day and fruit/vegetables two days). Any food leftover after this time should be thrown away.
Can you freeze leftover baby food pouches?
The Freezer Method
With this method, you can use the Infantino Squeeze Station to press the premade baby food into individual pouches that can be placed in the freezer for up to 6 months! … Once frozen, you can take them off the cookie tray or out of the ice cube tray and pop them into freezer friendly Ziploc bags.
How long does jar baby food last once opened?
Never allow opened jars of food to sit at room temperature for more than two hours. Solid baby foods that have been opened may be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of three days. Strained fruits and vegetables can be refrigerated for two to three days and stored in the freezer for six to eight months.
Is it safe to reuse baby food jars?
Are baby food jars reusable? Baby food jars are reusable if you’re not planning on freezing, or heating the jars. Unless the baby food jars are labeled as “freezer-safe,” they risk cracking with temperature change. If the jar cracks, microscopic shards of glass could contaminate the food.