How do you test a child for mold exposure?

To detect mold growth, inspect your house for fungal growth, water damage, and earthy odors, sampling surfaces and the air. Test only for viable colonies in CFUs (colony forming units), and compare indoor and outdoor test results. Test results need to be interpreted very carefully.

How do I know if mold is making my child sick?

Children who are allergic to mold may show symptoms such as sneezing, runny noses, itchy eyes, wheezing and coughing. Black mold exposure can also cause irritant reactions in sensitive children, such as skin irritations, eye irritations or headaches.

How do you test for mold toxicity in your body?

A blood test, sometimes called the radioallergosorbent test, can measure your immune system’s response to mold by measuring the amount of certain antibodies in your bloodstream known as immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies.

Is there a test to see if you have been exposed to mold?

There is no blood test for mold. Some physicians can do allergy testing for possible allergies to mold, but no clinically proven tests can pinpoint when or where a particular mold exposure took place.

How do I know if my child is allergic to mold?

Children who are sensitive to molds usually have year round mild to severe symptoms that include sneezing, stuffy nose, cough, post nasal drip, itchy and watery eyes, dry skin, breathing problems, coughing and chest tightness are possible symptoms of mold allergy.

IT IS INTERESTING:  Your question: Are baby gates safe?

How bad is mold for children?

Mould and Respiratory Issues

The mycotoxins produced by black mold can cause serious breathing problems and bleeding in the lungs if ingested. This can be especially dangerous for infants and young children, who are at risk of developing hemorrhagic pneumonia from prolonged black mold exposure.

How long does it take for mold to get out of your system?

I had so much mold in my body that it took several months for the ebb and flow of flu symptoms to go away. As you kill the mold and there are less organisms in your body, you will start to feel better. It took my husband six months to become free and clear of mold while it took me a year and a half.